Back to School Countdown

As sad as it makes me to think about the summer coming to an end, I thought it would be fun to do a back to school countdown with the boys.  When I saw these adorable jars at the dollar store, I knew I had to use them.  Aren't the bright colorful lids fun?


All three boys got a jar, and each boy counted out a "Smartie" for every day until their "big event".  My oldest is counting down to the first day of school, my middle son is counting down to the first day of preschool, and my youngest (as not to be left out) is counting down to some "mommy and me alone time".  :-)




Didn't they turn out cute????  Do you have any "back to school" traditions in your house?


♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
* You can find me on facebook here.

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I love how each of your little ones has their own special jar to get them excited for the upcoming school year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun idea for your boys! I hope you will link this up to my Delight Me party over at Doodles & Doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    I'm from canadianfamily.ca, working on a round-up of back-to-school countdown ideas and came across this post. With your permission we'd love to include it on the site, which would include one of your photos with a link back to your blog for full instructions.

    All the best,
    Shannon
    shodgen@canadianfamily.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to get ready for school.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....