Eco-friendly Sidewalk Paint

A few weeks ago, we had some warm days, so the boys and I headed outside to paint our street with some environmentally friendly sidewalk paint.  All you need to DIY your own paints is: 1/4 cup corn starch, 1/4 cold water, and about 8 drops food coloring. 


Mix the cornstarch and the water thoroughly, and then add the food coloring.  Repeat for each color of paint you would like to have.  We made red, blue, yellow and green.


I found that foam brushes worked well, but I am sure you could use whatever you have in your craft cupboard/drawer.



We had a great time with this simple summer activity, and we can't wait to make another batch of this easy and inexpensive sidewalk paint!  Let me know if you give it a try.

♥ 

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

11 comments:

  1. fun!! Think I found a new project for this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea. I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-9.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea!!! I always have TOO MUCH cornstarch here.. great way to use it!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like something great for summer coming up. I would love it if you linked it up to my link party.

    http://momslifevents.blogspot.com/

    Thanks~ Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the idea!My kids will be painting after naptime today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brings back memories of mom making glue from flour and water for our art projects. lol! Thanks so much for sharing this environmentally and kid-friendly tip at The Mother Lode linky party over at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina
    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I would have loved doing this as a kid! Very cool for the kids! Thanks for sharing at the Rock N Share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! Great idea! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3188 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely great ideas..Really liked the creative work..

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....