Summer Checklist {with free printable}

Last year, the boys and I made a checklist of 50 Fun {Summer} Things we wanted to do.  We checked everything off our list, and ended the summer with an "Ice Cream for Supper" party.  It was so much fun that we decided to do it again this year.  


Here is our {new and improved} list for 2012.  Don't forget to click on the helpful links... and there is a great {more generic} printable version of this list {for you} at the bottom of this post.

1)   Celebrate Canada Day
2)   Read a book outside (Click the link to find out how to make a no-sew reading tent.)
3)   Have a teddy bear picnic (Click the link to find out how to have a teddy bear picnic.)
4)   Go to a splash pad
5)   Swim in a pool
6)   Go to a farmer's market
7)   Go to the library
8)   Make homemade bubbles (Click the link for a great recipe.)
9)   Go fishing
10) Have family movie night – outside (Click the link for some great outdoor movie night tips.)
11) Collect shells at the beach
12) Build a sandcastle
13) Plant something (Click the link to see what we planted last year.  We'll be trying something new this summer.)
14) Visit a wildlife park, farm or zoo.
15) Make homemade sidewalk paint (Click the link for a great eco-friendly recipe)
16) Run through the sprinkler
17) Play baseball
18) Play soccer
19) Ride our bikes
20) Take a boat ride
21) Spend time at a cottage
22) Do a science experiment (Click the link to see a simple experiment we did last year.  We will be trying a new one this summer.) 
23) Watch fireworks
24) Go Geo-caching
25) Make cookies
26) Play mini golf
27) See a play
28) Have a lemonade stand
29) Make play dough (Click the link for a fool proof play dough recipe.) 
30) Play hopscotch
31) Camp in the backyard
32) Have a PJ day
33) Take a bath in the dark (Click the link to see how.)
34) Play Frisbee
35) Make an obstacle course (Click the link to see how simple it is to put one together.)
36) Fly a kite (Click the link for instructions on how to make a simple kite out of a paper lunch bag.)
37) Go on a scavenger hunt (Click the link for a simple and {free} printable list.}
39) Have pancakes for supper
40) Play street hockey
41) Make a marble run
42) Do a good deed 
43) Roast marshmallows and make smores
44) Write and mail a letter or postcard
45) Swim in a lake or ocean
46) Take a trip to Halifax {Blank on printable list}
47) Take a trip to PEI {Blank on printable list}
48) Attend the Antigonish Highland Games {Blank on printable list}
49) Ride on the Harbour Hippo {Blank on printable list}
50) Have ice cream for supper (to celebrate completing the list)

Like last year, we will frame our list using cheap frames from the dollar store.  Every time we do something on the list, the boys will "check" it off by putting a sticker over the number.  {A dry erase marker would work too.}  Fun, right?


Want a copy?  I have designed a {free} printable {pdf} version for you... which you can find hereI have removed a few of the items that are specific to our geographical location and left blanks for you to fill in your own ideas.  

Thanks for playing along.  I think this is going to be a lot of fun!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
 
** If you haven't already "liked" me on facebook, I would love to have you join me here. 

**You can find the 2013 version here.**

17 comments:

  1. Fun! We make a summer bucket list, too. Haven't done this year's yet though - you're really on the ball! Thanks for reminding me to get on it soon, as we're already having summer weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! This would be great for us now that my kids could run around. I run out of activities for them now since they are no longer babies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year my youngest turned two in July, and he was able to do the whole list with us. It is a lot of fun. You should totally do it! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea - I love the idea and we will be sitting down to make one - could have some interesting ideas from a 2 and a half year old and I know that T at 14 months will just want LOOK on the list as that's her word of the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list! I am printing off a copy now :) I love this concept, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I sit down and start listing things but have never come up with such an extensive list...my kids thank you, they just don't know it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you enjoy this list. You only have to fill in a couple of blanks. :-)

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I need to sit down with my kids and create one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this idea floating around Pinterest... so many fun ideas!! Perfect for summertime! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what's geo-cashing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like a high tech scavenger hunt. You use a GPS to find "treasures" that people leave behind (and then you leave treasures for others). We have never done it, but I am planning on borrowing a GPS to do it this summer. I think our library lends them out.

      Delete
  9. So, so glad you shared this on my FB page!! I will definitely be getting ideas for our list from yours:) Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you via the Bonbon Break online magazine! Great post! I have a couple of posts relating to your list.

    I can help you and your readers with # 37, because I have a post on going on a digital scavenger hunt, where your kids take photos of objects you've thought of before you go!
    http://www.stemmom.org/2012/04/digital-scavenger-hunt-spring-nature.html

    And #38, Make a boat and float it down the river:
    http://www.stemmom.org/2012/07/making-nature-boats-to-float-in-river.html

    After reading the list to my son, (his favorite one was the take a bath in the dark) he wants to bury a treasure, and make a map for Dad to find when he gets home. Not on your list, but the idea spawned from your list, so you get the credit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. We haven't done the boats yet, so we will definitely check out your post. :-)

      Delete
    2. I just have to tell you we have so enjoyed having this list this summer. My son is "all about" getting things checked off. It stretches us as a family and has helped us vary what we do. Thanks so much. Any chance you have one for fall? I'm thinking of putting one together. Here's my pinterst board with the beginning collections for ideas. Please let me know if you already have one! :)

      http://pinterest.com/dharland/fall-to-do-list/

      Darci

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much Darci! We did the Fall Activity Tree last year, but a new Fall list will be coming soon. Stay tuned! :-)

      Delete
  11. This is such a great idea!! I'm a huge list-maker so this is right up my alley! I'll be definitely keeping this in mind for my daughter when she gets a little bit older. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....