DIY Teacher Gift {Flower Pens}

This is my favorite kind of project..... an easy and inexpensive DIY gift!  My boys wanted to take something to their teachers on the first day of school, so I decided to make some pretty "flower pens".


All you need are some fake flowers, pens, and floral tape.


Step 1:  Cut the flower so that it is slightly shorter than the pen.


Step 2:  Wrap the tape around the pen and flower.  {I started in the middle, wrapped to the bottom, and then wrapped to the top.}


”Tip

Step 3:  Pinch the end to seal.


That's it!  Easy, cute and practical.  What teacher wouldn't love a bouquet of these pens on the first day of school?
  

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

 
** If you haven't already "liked" me on facebook, I would love to have you join me here.


Sharing the fun with:

15 comments:

  1. Just love it for any occasion too.. very cute..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice gift for special one for your teacher thanks for shearing this types of blog Flowers and Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a perfect gift for a teacher! I'm a teacher and I have a few of these sitting right next to me at this very moment! I cherish them and I keep every single one. Kelly @ www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun gift to give a teacher. I bet she/he would really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina! I LOVE this pen! What a great idea!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    P.S. Please don't forget to put my button or text link somewhere on your blog :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! This is super cute! I'm loving this idea and pinning it for later. Stopping by form From Dream To Reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this. These pens are such a great idea, it was nice to be reminded of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea. What teacher wouldn't love a pen?! I'd love for you to share this at my link party:

    http://destinationcraft.blogspot.com/2012/08/destination-cutesy-monday-29.html

    Thanks!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are brilliant! So sweet and simple and yet pretty!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it looks beautiful....I know you must be thrilled!!
    live tv streaming

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOO simple! And practical. My kind of craft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Neat idea! Those are all things teachers need! :)
    christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making these for teachers! Thanks for stopping by for our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a teacher, and I would LOVE to receive this! I have some old ones, but they're falling apart. I should put this up on my board and see if anyone gets the hint :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Definitely would be a great gift from a student!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...