Homemade Boats

As part of our Summer Checklist, we "crafted" boats to float down a river by our house.


I gave the boys basic supplies {like lids, milk containers, paper, straws, playdough, and toothpicks}, and they started building.  I offered a few ideas and suggestions, but they did most of it on their own.


When they were finished building, we tested them out in our pool to see if they would float.


Then, the next day, we took the "successful sailing vessels" to the river.


When we were finished, we used a butterfly net to scoop them out of the river, and we enjoyed a little picnic.  It was a great way to spend an afternoon.  We sure are going to miss summer.  :-(


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
 
** If you haven't already "liked" me on facebook, I would love to have you join me here.


2 comments:

  1. I wish we had such a cool river nearby to float boats in! Great craft:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun to float them down a tin foil river too. Just some tin foil and a hose, and you'd be all set! :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....