DIY Star Wars Party

All three of my boys are huge Star Wars fans, so it isn't surprising that my oldest son requested a Star Wars theme for his 7th birthday party. Today, I am sharing all the fun DIY details of the super-fun "Jedi Training Academy" I hosted for my son and his little Jedi friends.


Here's what we did....

1)  We set the mood with a fun invitation. {You can get the full tutorial for it here.}


2)  As guests arrived, they colored their own Jedi Academy Security Badge {which I made by scanning a page out of one of their coloring books}.


3)  We played a little "Freeze Dance" to Star Wars music, and then we took a break for dinner, cake and cookies.



4)  After everyone finished eating, it was time for some lightsaber training. The kids balanced balloons on their lightsabers, my husband gave them some "formal" instruction, and they took a final "test" by fighting Darth Vader... who was actually my five year old.  {You can find the tutorial for the pool noodle lightsabers here.}



5)  The final activity was to "Destroy the Death Star" aka break open the pinata.  {You can find the full tutorial for the pinata here.}


Finally, it was time for the new Jedi to:

...receive their Graduation Certificates


...have a quick "photo op"


...and collect their treat bags.


My son loved his party, and all the kids had a great time.  Isn't Star Wars a great theme for a party?  

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


Find more easy and inexpensive DIY party ideas here.

10 comments:

  1. Oh! My boys would love this! Such cute ideas! Found you through a linky party and excited to be your newest follower! I hope you will stop by my site if you have a chance! http://www.thetaylor-house.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea. I did a similar party for my 6 year old boy, but we hired a "Jedi Trainer" to come to our house. The kids loved it but I wish I'd been more creative like you. Maybe my 3 year old will want a similar party one day and I can use your ideas. Looks like a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia Jarrell11 April 2013 at 21:42

    My now 13 year old had 4 Star Wars parties and so did some of his friends! By second grade we were all running out of ideas and there was a book in the library with all kinds of ideas and recipes. There was hath froths and han hogies but the best recipe was jangos jumbala! It was amazing! Seeing your post I was reminded of those partie and how fun they were! Now I want to find that book and make some Jangos Jambala :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome Star Wars party! Looks like everyone had a blast - love how the invitations turned out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I especially like the foam light sabers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! I adore everything about your concept. The geek in me is rejoicing to finding your blog and reading about your ideas. The Jedi training certificate is brilliant! I would have to make a mental note of the stuff you put here. Thanks for sharing, Gina. May the force be with you! Jason, La Patisserie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a link for the security badge to download? Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I don't. I photocopied a page from one of my boys' Star Wars colouring books.

      Delete
  8. OK thanks. I'll try to find something very similar. Very cute party!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....