My Version of The Polar Express

My son just did a "Polar Express" re-creation at school, and I saw a fun "mini van" version on Pinterest {which you can see here}.  It is such a fun idea, and I knew we had to have our own Polar Express adventureSo... after baths, PJs and a story, the boys headed to bed... and guess what they found on their pillows?


That's right!  They found golden tickets to The Polar Express. 


They quickly put on their coats and headed out to our van where I was waiting {in a train conductor's hat} to punch their tickets.

When they got in their seats, they found hot chocolate, popcorn, and candy canes.  They were soooo excited!


We had Christmas carols playing and we drove all around town looking at Christmas lights.

When we got home, the boys headed to bed... where they found a bell from Santa's sleigh on their pillows.  {I think this was my favorite part.}  :-)


My boys even went to sleep with their tickets and bells.  Seriously cute, right? 


This is definitely going to be an annual tradition for us.

♥ 

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* You can find me on facebook here.

12 comments:

  1. That looks too fun!!! I am so going to do that when I have kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very creative. Hats off to you East Coast Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My friend just told me about your blog tonight, and I'm blown away just by reading this first post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I hearby name you "Mother of the Year"! That's super cool! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! We go looking at xmas lights every xmas eve anyways but this makes it so much more fun! Thanks for posting! My kids are the perfect age to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was talking to my little boys about heading out some night to see the lights on houses- these ideas will make it more special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this idea Gina its gonna make a great lead in for next year im gonna try to get tickets for my family to go on the local rail ways christmas express they were sold out this year sadly im gonna try to book early for next year for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....