Valentine's Day is in a couple of days, and I have the perfect craft to do with your little ones -- it is simple enough for Preschoolers, but it is also great for older kids. All of my boys had fun making these adorable heart people.
Here’s how you make “Heart People”:
1) Gather your supplies (which you probably already have lying around your house)… red or pink construction paper, scissors, glue, markers, googly eyes, pom poms and/or buttons.
2) Cut out a big heart. (I drew one and had the kids trace it and cut it out.)
3) Make faces on the heart using markers, googly eyes, pom poms and/or buttons.
4) Make legs and arms by cutting strips of paper and folding them “accordion style”.
5) Glue on arms and legs. (You can also add “heart-shaped” hands and feet if desired.)
Cute, right? I made these when I was a little girl, and I had a great time making them with my boys.
Do you remember making Valentine's Day crafts when you were little? What did you make?
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you enjoy lots of sweet treats and cuddles with your little ones this year.
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)