Here’s how you make one:
1) Gather your supplies (which you probably already have lying around your house)… white and green cardstock, scissors, glue, tape, crayons, googly eyes, and something for the nose (e.g. a penny, a pom pom or a button).
2) Make a headband by cutting two or three strips of white cardstock about 2 inches thick. Have the child color a “rainbow” onto the strips.
3) Fit the strips to the child’s head and use tape or a stapler to secure it into the shape of a headband.
4) Cut a big shamrock out of green cardstock. (You can draw it freehand or print one from the internet.)
5) Make a face on the shamrock using a crayon, googly eyes, and a penny, pom pom or button.
6) Tape the decorated shamrock onto the front of the headband.
Cute, right? And, making a fun hat to wear on March 17, 2013 is just one way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your little leprechauns. Here are a few more:
1) Wear something green.
2) Drink green milk. (Just add a few drops of green food coloring to regular milk.)
3) Set a leprechaun trap. (They are hard to catch, but sometimes a good trap will cause a leprechaun to drop some of his treasure.)
4) Eat green pancakes. (Just add a few drops of green food coloring to your favorite pancake batter.)
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope it is a lucky day for you and your family.
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)