Hosting a "Half" Sleepover

One of the items on our Summer Checklist this year is "Host a Half Sleepover", and last night we checked it off our list.

Here's the invite we sent out...


We had 10 guests arrive in their PJs toting their sleeping bags and pillows.  We had pancakes for supper, and the kids had lots of treats while they watched a movie.  I also gave all the guests glow sticks and mini flashlights from the dollar store.


The plan was to watch a movie outside, but a really aggressive stray cat wouldn't leave our deck, so we moved the movie inside.  (True story!  lol)  



A great time was had by all, and I think we might need to put this on our summer checklist again next year.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


PS (If you want to pass out a little "party favor", I think "breakfast for tomorrow" is an adorable idea. You can read all about it here.)

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! My son wants to have a sleepover for his 8th birthday and I think this might be the perfect compromise :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it was helpful! I think it is a great compromise too. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you shared this idea, Gina! I'm one of those mamas that's not too sure about sleepovers, so this is a great compromise. I've scheduled to share it on Facebook and Google+ later in the week. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Krissy! I am not sure what age I will be comfortable with sleepovers... but it isn't now. lol

      Delete
  3. I just wanted to say thank you for your idea. I'm not sure if sleep overs are for us but this seemed like a good compromise. We had our first half sleep over tonight and I think it went great. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had fun with it. I feel like its a good compromise too!

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....