"Quick Grab" Hat and Mitten Baskets

One of my biggest challenges is getting my family out the door (on time) each morning.  In the winter, the search for hats and mitts makes mornings even more difficult in our house. But, last weekend, I came up with a solution... "Quick Grab" hat and mitten baskets.


I have a small house, and I don't have a mud room, so I only have a limited amount of space to work with.  I decided to use the small wall beside the door that connects my garage to my house.  This is where my boys put on their boots, so it is the perfect place for them to put on their hats and mitts.


I purchased cheap baskets at the dollar store, and my husband attached them to the wall with some washers and screws.  (I like that the baskets have holes in them because the hats and mitts are often slightly wet.)


Each of my boys has their own basket for their hat and mitts, but the baskets could be used for other things too.  I am thinking about adding a basket for phones and car keys.

Don't you just love how easy and inexpensive this solution is?  Do you have an idea for making the morning rush a little easier?  I'd love to hear it.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea. Love it right at hand and so organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is really working well for us. :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....