The Ultimate DIY Hockey Party

My boys eat, sleep, and breathe hockey... so when it came time for my oldest son to choose a theme for his 9th birthday party, his choice came as no surprise.  Today, I am sharing all the easy and inexpensive DIY details of my son's hockey party.


We started with a fun invitation that I created at Picmonkey.com (for free) using a photo of my son playing hockey.  I made the invite 4X6 so that I could easily have it printed for $0.15 an invite.


Then, we had to make sure we had lots of fun things for the kids to do.  The highlight was the big game of floor hockey with a homemade scoreboard, but I also had a "pin the puck on the rink" game and a "prize punch".  You can get all the hockey party game details here.



Of course, we had a canteen full of hockey party food too.  We had pizza and lots of hockey-themed snacks.  You can get all the hockey party food details here.



And no party would be complete without a cool cake... am I right?  You can find the tutorial for our simple hockey cakes here.



This fun jersey cake would be fantastic too!



Then, when all the games were over and all the food was eaten, our guests left with an adorable and unique loot bag.  Each hockey player received a personalized hockey card holder and one of the birthday boy's homemade hockey cards.  You can find all the DIY details for our hockey card loot bags here.



It was a fantastic birthday party.  I loved that it was easy and inexpensive to put together, but all the DIY details made it fun and special.  Do you have a hockey fan that would like a hockey party like this one?


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....