Birthday Letter... my baby boys turns 6

Today, my "baby boy" turns six, and in keeping with family tradition, I wrote him a birthday letter as a way of remembering a few of the little details that make him so special.  Here is my birthday letter to my youngest son on his 6th birthday.



To my sweet "baby" boy:

This was a big year for you, as you started "big school".  It was a tough transition (for both us), but I am so proud of how far you came this year.  You battled through your anxiety, you made lots of friends, and you excelled academically.  I know you will continue to thrive as you enter Grade One (after we have a fantastic, fun-filled summer together).

On your 6th birthday, I want you to know that I am very proud to be your mom, and here are some of the reasons you are such a special little boy:
  • You have a sweet smile, a gentle spirit, and adorable dimples.
  • You love to crawl in bed with me for a "morning cuddle"... and I love it too!
  • You have a fantastic time playing sports with your brothers, and you want to be a hockey player when you grow up.
  • You love to eat crackers... especially while sitting on the couch watching "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".
  • You are getting very grown up... but you still say "bees" instead of "because".  I am guessing this cute habit won't last much longer, so I will enjoy it while I can.
  • Your favorite color is green, and your favorite food is white cake with white icing.
  • You stick your tongue out when you are concentrating.
  • You can be shy and anxious in new situations and around people you don't know, but you are really starting to come out of your shell.  I think starting school has helped you gain confidence.
  • You still love to snuggle up and read stories... and now you are able to read to me. You love to read, and you are getting very good at it.
  • You have a wonderful sense of humour, and you enjoy making Daddy, your brothers and I laugh.
I love you to the moon and back my darling angel, and I hope you have a fun time at your "Carnival" birthday party.

Lots of love,

Mommy
xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. I really like your idea of receiving blankets around the outside. I forget what I covered my outside with but I don't think it was blankets. I am with you when I saw the price tags on-line I KNEW I could do it just as well. Yours is so cute....good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post !For our Christmas Ornament Rudolph Reindeer, you’ll need some clean cardboard rolls. You’ll also need smaller red ornaments. These are actually medium sized ornaments. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....