Felt Lightbulb Ornaments

Looking for a small holiday gift "add on", a delightful handmade ornament, or an easy Christmas craft? These simple felt lightbulb ornaments are perfect "quick and easy" holiday crafts, and I love how colourful and fun they are. Today I am sharing the step-by-step tutorial for these adorable felt ornaments.


To make these ornaments:
1) Cut two lightbulb shapes and two lightbulb tops from coloured felt.
2) Using matching embroidery floss, attach a hanger made from a piece of twine.
3) Use white embroidery floss to stitch the two lightbulb shapes together (with a small amount of cotton stuffing inside).
4) Stitch the lightbulb tops to the top of the ornament.


The best thing about these ornaments is that they can be made in many colours. You can totally make them to match any Christmas decor or colour scheme. 


I made my lightbulb ornaments in blue, red and green.


I made a bunch, and I plan to stick them in Christmas cards, add them to gifts, and hang them on my tree. Cute, right?


These ornaments would be a wonderful project for someone that is just learning to sew. The felt is easy to work with, and the stitching is easy. If you decide to make these felt lightbulb ornaments, let me know what colours you chose.


Gina
 (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....