To make these sweet cookies, you'll need the following ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1) In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
2) Add baking soda and baking powder, and beat until combined.
3) Add egg and vanilla, and beat again.
4) Stir in flour.
5) Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls, place on a cookie sheet, and bake in a preheated oven (at 375 degrees) for 7-10 minutes.
6) While the cookies are still warm, insert candy eyes, red Smarties, and broken pretzels to create reindeer faces.
7) Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You can download and print the recipe card by: right-clicking on the picture below, saving it to your computer, and printing it.
Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie recipe? I have a couple festive recipes I love (including my make-ahead gingerbread cookies and my simple cut-out butter cookies), but these peanut butter reindeer cookies are definitely being added to my annual holiday baking list!
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)