Ready to get started?
First, you'll need to gather your supplies: yarn, an empty egg carton, googly eyes, pom poms, pipe cleaners, a scrap of cardboard, scissors, and glue.
Then, check out this video:
As a recap, here are the instructions:
1) Wrap yarn (approximately 60-100 times... depending on the thickness of the yarn) around a piece of cardboard (which should be approximately 3-4 inches high). When you have finished wrapping, tie a piece of yarn tightly around the top of the wrapped yarn and cut the bottom.
2) Use a pencil to poke two holes in a piece of an egg carton, and thread a pipe cleaner through the holes.
3) Spread out the yarn, place it on top on the egg carton, and twist the pipe cleaner to secure the yarn in place.
4) Wrap the pipe cleaners around a pencil to make spirals.
5) Use white glue or hot glue to add googly eyes and a pom pom nose.
Seriously... isn't this LOVE BUG the most adorable Valentine's Day craft you have ever seen? If you decide to make this darling craft with your Valentine, let me know how it turns out. Happy Valentine's Day!
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)