Perfectly Cooked (and Peeled) Hard Boiled Eggs

Hard boiled eggs are easy to make, and they are protein packed (and healthy) snack. They are also great for lunches. Today I am sharing some tips for cooking and peeling hard boiled eggs.


First, place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high/ high heat.


Then, remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 14 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and peel. You will end up with perfectly cooked eggs and none of the yucky grey stuff on the inside of the eggs.


Check out this video for a little trick for peeling the eggs. Clever, right?


My boys love a hard boiled egg as a quick after school snack before one of their sports practices. Are your kids fans of hard boiled eggs? How do you cook hard boiled eggs? If you give my method a try, let me know how it works out for you.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. I do the exact same, my grandmother taught me 15 min though 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Grandmothers are the best. :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....