Dollar Store Christmas Wreath Alternative

I always have a long list of holiday projects in my head, and I love when I complete a project and it turns out better than I imagined. A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to make an expensive (and easy) square wreath for my front door. Today, I am sharing the full tutorial and instructions for the Christmas wreath alternative that I crafted from a dollar store picture frame.


To make the wreath, you'll need: a photo frame, spray paint, wired ribbon, dollar store ornaments, twine, a glue gun, and felt floor protectors.


Then:

1) Remove the glass and backing from the frame, and paint the frame with spray paint that works for the material you are painting. (My frame was plastic, so I used a red paint that was suitable for painting plastic.)

2) Use hot glue to attach a bow to the frame. (I made my bow using wired ribbon that I purchased at the dollar store.)

3) Add felt floor protectors to the back of the frame to protect the door that you will be hanging the wreath on.

4) Attach dollar store ornaments (hanging from twine) to the frame using hot glue.

5) Use hot glue to attach a hanger made from twine.


I am absolutely thrilled with the way this unique wreath turned out, and it looks fantastic hanging on my front door.


Doesn't it look festive and fun?


What do you have hanging on your front door for Christmas? I highly recommend giving this simple DIY square wreath a try. It's easy, inexpensive, fun, and totally unique.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. This looks great ,I'd love to do it in Blue. I'd love to do it for EAster too, with those plastic eggs? or Foam eggs from the Dollar store too. I wanted ot also say I love your garland around the door frame.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....