DIY Hockey Decor (and keepsake)

Recently, I was cleaning out my garage, and I came across my boys' first hockey sticks. I am usually pretty good at clearing clutter, but there was a part of me that was sad to think of getting rid of these particular items, so I decided to up-cycle them into decor for their rooms. I love the way this project turned out, and today I am sharing all the details of this DIY hockey decor project.


I started out with my boys old, banged up sticks. I removed the old hockey tape, spray painted the sticks with black paint, and re-taped the sticks.


Then, I painted wood letters (that spelled out their names) in bright and cheerful colours.


I used hot glue to attached the letters to the stick.


Didn't they turn out sweet? I love that they are room decor AND a precious keepsake.


I'm redecorating the room that my two older boys share, and I plan on putting these sticks above their headboards. I'll be sharing the big reveal of their new room soon!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

  1. The percentages would increase in course of time. Useful information indeed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....