Packing Essentials for Holiday Travel

This time of year, many people are travelling, and parents know that travelling with kids comes with many challenges. It is of utmost importance to keep the kids comfortable, well fed, and entertained! Our family has gone on many trips (hockey trips, plane trips, camping trips, and road trips), and today, I am sharing my list of packing essentials... just in time for holiday travel.


Pack a good carry on bag - You'll want to include healthy snacks, little treats, small toys/games, movies, special blankets/stuffies, water bottles, iPods/iPads, etc... If you are flying, you will want to pack a pen for customs forms/baggage tags and some gum/suckers for the kids (to help with their ears when the plane is landing). A change of clothes and bathing suits are helpful too... in case luggage gets lost or delayed.


Pack food - I detest being forced to buy overpriced and junky food when on a road trip, spending time in an airport, or staying in a hotel room. I always bring supplies (that don't need to be refrigerated) that I can use to prepare a simple picnic lunch. I like unsweetened applesauce, bananas, bread, and peanut butter. It's not fancy... but it's economical, tasty, and keeps my boys happy and full. Individual snack packs (using dollar store hardware holders) are fun and useful too.



Pack basic medical supplies - I always pack Gravol, Benadryl, Tylenol, bandaids, a thermometer, ear drops, etc... There is nothing worse than being in a strange city (with a sick child) searching for an all night pharmacy. A plastic bin from the dollar store makes a wonderful, portable, and full stocked first aid kit too!



Pack storage bags - I use bags to: keep organized, identify special outfits, isolate dirty items, and hold wet stuff.

Pack entertainment for everyone - Netflix* now offers downloads, so you don't always need wifi to keep the kids entertained when you are travelling. When you are on-the-go, you can now keep everyone entertained... one download at a time.





Did I miss anything on my list? What is #1 on YOUR holiday packing list?


Gina
(aka East Coast Mommy)


*Disclosure: I receive special gifts and perks as part of my affiliation with Netflix... however (as always) the opinions on this blog are 100% my own... and I REALLY do love Netflix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....