How My Boys Gave Back this Holiday Season (Our 7th Annual Christmas Fundraiser)

Each year, during the holidays, my boys raise money for charity. I have always thought it was important for my boys to "give back" during the holidays, and I am proud of their efforts to organize a "letter writing to Santa" fundraiser. They bake cookies, create craft kits, make reindeer food, and package it all up to sell. This year, they raised $340.00 for Cystic Fibrosis (a disease that their 5 year old cousin is living with). 


My boys baked cookies, put together craft kits, and packaged up reindeer food. They worked really hard, and sold a lot of kits. I think the kids that purchased them had fun too!


I just love the adorable tree ornament that the kids could make with their kits.


I think it is fantastic that my boys were able to do the work, and they were super-proud of the money they raised. It meant a lot to them, and giving back is an important part of our family's holiday celebrations.


How do you find a meaningful way for your kids to give back at Christmas?


Gina
 (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, Gina. You have very sweet sons. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thanks so much! I think they are pretty special.

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....