Magic Pumpkin Seeds

I saw a post on Pinterest about planting "magic pumpkin seeds", and I knew it was something I wanted to do with my boys.  (I love that they all still believe in "magic".) 


In the version I saw (which you can find here), they plant seeds outside and grow baby pumpkins, but I came up with a fun "indoor" version.  Here it is:

First, we carved our pumpkins. 


Then, we roasted most of the pumpkin seeds, but set aside some "special" ones for planting.  (To roast pumpkin seeds: clean and pat them dry, spread on a cookie sheet, drizzle with melted butter, sprinkle with salt, and bake at 300 for approximately 45 minutes... stirring occasionally.) 

 

In order to make the "magic" seeds grow, we planted them in sugar and set them by the window so that the "night before Halloween moon" could shine on them while the boys were sleeping.



It totally worked... and tomorrow morning {Halloween Day}, the boys will see that the seeds have grown into cookie pop flowers.


I am so excited for the boys to see their cookie pops.  Would your little ones have fun waiting for magic pumpkin seeds to grow? 

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

PS (Look at what I just packed in my oldest son's lunch.  I wonder if he'll get the pun?  It doesn't really matter though... he'll only care about the Smarties anyway.  :-)

12 comments:

  1. I love this....Haha, the mummy joke made me laugh and I'm sure at the very least his teacher will have a laugh. Great idea with the magic pumpkin seeds, I'm thinking I might change it a little and do something like it for halloween...mine still believe in magic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all Sooo amazing..I would LOVE for you to please share this post at my 6Wicked Days of Halloween party today pweeease... http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/flash-back-halloween-6-wicked-days-of.html ..wishing u a spootacular day :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable idea! Love that! And thanks for sharing the link for how you roasted your pumpkin seeds. We saved ours from yesterday's carving and now my teenager is begging to make them. I am going to use your recipe! Thanks so much for always stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up to my Magic Pumpkin Seed post!!! I love the way you changed it up - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! So wish I would have read this before Halloween :) Too cute! Have to "pin" this for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.Thanks for sharing such a useful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute idea, Gina!!! #LMDConnector

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool idea..This is fun activity for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete


  10. Supplement Portal Meals journals assist people see how a lot they're really eating, and establish any patterns that lead to overeating or snacking on unhealthy foods. In these articles I will inform you all the small print of a healthful and balanced way of life: nutritious diet, physical exercise and psychological points. It is a deeper complete physique cleanse Supplement Portal natural nutritional vitamin supplements that once you correctly observe the instructions you'll obtain a complete physique cleaning and higher Supplement Portal. For those of you who think weight is meaningless and it's all about body fats, take into account that number wasn't budging both. The truth is that there's not a wholesome means of creating strong muscles or getting a flat abdomen for 1 and even for 6 months when on the same time you've got excessive share of fat. One of the biggest mistakes individuals make when starting an exercise program is doing an excessive amount of, too soon. Over time, users can observe their performance and Supplement Portal. It is necessary to get someone who is heavy and needs to reduce weight for health causes to start to think differently about how they look.
    https://supplementportal.com/

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....