{Grass-haired} Little Friends

A couple of weeks ago, my boys and I made what my 4 year old calls "crazy heads".  This project is cute, quick, and inexpensive.  {My favorite kind of project to do with the boys.}


First, gather up some old jars and cans, and let the kids decorate them with markers, googly eyes, pom poms, tissue paper, and/or felt {whatever you have lying around}.  After the glue has dried completely, let the kids fill the jars with potting soil.


Then, plant some grass seed in the jars, and let the kids use a spray bottle to water the seeds.  {I love letting the kids water with a spray bottle because it is easier to control how much water they give the plants.  I can actually tell them "how many squirts".}


In a week or two, you'll have hair {grass} long enough to cut.


Fun, right?  See how proud my boys are of their creations?


♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy

PS {Don't miss out on any of the fun... if you haven't already "liked" me on facebook, you can do it here.} 

10 comments:

  1. Awesome projects!! I used to love making these as a kid and I'm sure that my 4 year old will as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Isn't it fun to share projects from your childhood with your little ones? :-)

      Delete
  2. Cute blog! Nice to see another Canadian girl in blog land! :)

    I'm a new GFC follower!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww.. I LOVE the crazy heads!! Thanks for the chuckle. And Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from tip me tuesday...these are so cute. My son's teacher did them with his class too. Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom taught young children for years, and she used to make them with us. I think they are adorable! :-)

      Delete
  5. These are so cute and a simple project to do with the little ones! TFS!

    The Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Cute and simple projects are my favorites. :-)

      Delete
  6. You're a STAR tonight at I Gotta Create! Thanks so much for linking up this cute project! xxoo
    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2012/06/wildly-original-features-3-new-party.html
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....