{Easy} Outdoor Play

It's summer, and the boys and I are all about taking advantage of the wonderful summer weatherHere are a couple of the easy and inexpensive outdoor actitivities we have been doing. 

DIY Target Practice {made from a Dollar Store Tarp}:


Earlier in the summer, I saw a fun target practice at Family Fun.  {You can see their version here.}  I knew my boys would love it, so I got out my twine, scissors, duct tape, pizza pans, and a dollar store tarp and went to work.  It took about 10 minutes to put together, and the boys love it.  Such a simple and fun idea.

Water Play:



My boys love playing with water in the summer.  {I considered buying a water table but decided against it because of limited storage space.}  So... on hot afternoons we get out our spray bottles, measuring cups, and plastic dishes and we make our own "water fun".  A bowl of soapy water and some sponges make a great "kid car wash" too.

The boys also like to get out their paint brushes and "paint with water".  Such a fun, refreshing, and "no mess" activity. 

I hope you are enjoying your summer.  What is your favorite "simple" outdoor play idea? 

♥ 

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* You can find me on facebook here.


3 comments:

  1. It looks like the kiddos loved it and probably kept them pretty busy for quite some time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect low cost outdoor play. I love the target practice, that would appeal to my boys. I's love you to join me on Country Kids, all about outdoor fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. I love the target tarp. Thanks for linking up to the Outdoor Play Party!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....