5 Easy Halloween Treats

Special treats are an important part of Halloween celebrations, but moms are busy -- especially this time of year.  So, I have put together a list of 5 {Easy} things you can bake for Halloween.


These Halloween treats are easy to make, but definitely cute enough for Halloween parties and classroom treats.

1)  Candy Corn Ginger Crinkles - What is easier than baking a recipe you already know and love, and then adding a "Halloween twist"?  I baked my favorite ginger cookie recipe, and after the cookies came out of the oven (and they were still hot), I added a piece of candy corn to the top of each cookie.  So simple! 


2)  Mini Cupcakes...with a tiny surprise - This little cupcake is guaranteed to delight little ones, and they so simple to make.  I used a chocolate cake mix to make mini cupcakes, and I frosted them with ready-made chocolate frosting.  Then, I topped each cupcake with a Halloween ring I got at the dollar store.  {Don't worry, I washed all the rings well before inserting them into the cupcakes.}


3)  Wormy Cupcakes - These cupcakes are so much fun for little ones.  My boys think the idea of eating dirt and worms is hilarious!    I used a chocolate cake mix to make the cupcakes, and my boys used ready-made icing to frost them.  Then, they dipped the cupcakes in "dirt" aka cookie crumbs, and added some gummy worms.  What kid wouldn't get a kick out of this creepy treat?


4)  Cookie Pops - Isn't food just more fun when it comes on a stick?  Well, these cookie pops are no exception... and they are super-simple to make.  All I did was insert sucker sticks into Ready to Bake Cookies, and baked them according to the directions on the back of the package.  Don't you just love a good shortcut?


5)  Pumpkin Cut Out Cookies - Sometimes an old-fashioned cookie is the most fun.  Kids love to roll out dough and cut it into shapes.  We used a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, and ready-made icing tinted with green and orange food coloring.  My boys thought it was as much fun making these treats as it was to eat them.


Doesn't this great list inspire you to head to the kitchen and start baking?  Which treat are you going to make?  

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

  1. These treats look super easy to do, and with 2 days (and counting) until Halloween, I'll still have time to do some of them. I love the idea of the worms and the dirt (my 6 year old boy will go crazy for this!). Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....