{No Fail} Banana Bread

Everyone has a few "tried and true" family recipes that they use on a regular basis, and today I am sharing one of my favorites.  I always have bananas that go bad before my boys get a chance to eat them, so this banana bread is a staple in my house.  It is a simple recipe, and it always turns out moist and delicious.


When I moved out of my childhood home, my mom and dad gave me a binder full of my mom's favorite recipes, and this banana bread is one of them.  It is a family favorite, and I am so excited to share it with you today.


Here's how to make it:

1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a large loaf pan.
2)  Whisk together the following dry ingredients:
        2 cups of flour
        1/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar
        3 tsp baking powder
        1/2 tsp baking soda
        1/2 tsp salt
        1/2 cup chocolate chips


3)  Beat together:
         1 egg
         3/4 cup milk
         1/4 cup melted butter (cooled)
         1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas  {And mashing bananas is a perfect job for little helpers.}


4)  Mix wet and dry ingredients thoroughly, and pour batter into prepared pan.  Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes.


I highly encourage you to give this banana bread recipe a try.  It's even better with a cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy!

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)



Here's a quick video showing how simple this treat comes together...
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi ECM, I'm a mommy from sunny California (well not too much today it's rainy) I love banana bread on a day like this, never tried with chocolate chips I'll need to pick some up and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe....perfect to make on a snowy day with a kid home sick from school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this for the first time and in good faith, I quadrupled the recipe. I had a lot of brown bananas in the freezer to use up. It made 2 dozen muffins (with choco chips) and 2 loaves of bread. The only change I made is that I added vanilla. The muffins took about 20 minutes. They are delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these recipes for banana bread and I still haven't made any :(

    I love an easy baking recipe - have pinned this for later use :D

    Thank you so much for sharing this at The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Hope to see you again at the next party

    Have a wonderful week
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this today with coconut milk and coconut oil instead of milk and veg. oil. It turned out great! Thank you for the recipe! My husband and 3 year old loves it. I rarely bake and it was very simple to make--my kind of baking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the recipe, my daughter has been bugging me to make banana bread for ages. I lost my recipe from high school. She will be so happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious Recipe! Just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....