Want to set up your own backyard water park? Here are 10 simple ideas that are sure to please:
1) Turn on the Sprinkler - It's simple, fun, and easy. What's not to like?
2) Get some Spray Bottles - Pick up some spray bottles at the dollar store, and fill them with water. They are the perfect weapon for a water fight and a great way to cool off.
3) Set up a Little Pool - Small pools are pretty cheap and lots of fun. They also make a great "refilling station" for the other water activities.
4) Fill a bucket with Sponges - The dollar stores sells big bags of sponges . Put them in a bucket full of water, and you have an instant "car wash" station. They are also great for water fights.
5) Play with Ice - Freeze some small toys in ice, and let the kids try to get them out. Experiment with tools, cold water, and warm water.
6) Paint with Water - Grab some paint brushes and a bucket of water, and let your little artists get to work. Painting without the mess!
7) Water gun Target Practice - Use some duct tape to make an "X" on a pizza pan. Hang it up to create a perfect water gun target.
8) Have some fun with Water Balloons - Fill a bowl with water balloons for some "cool" games of "catch".
9) Set up a Bubble Station - Who doesn't love blowing bubbles? You can find a simple recipe for homemade bubbles here.
10) Make a Special Snack - Something cold on a warm day is always a special treat. We made some homemade ginger cookies and added a scoop of chocolate ice cream to create a delicious ice cream sandwich. Yum!
I love it when you can put a lot of simple elements together to make something really special, don't you?
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)
*I'd love to have you follow me on facebook at www.facebook.com/EastCoastMommy.