Simple Lego Cakes

Two of my boys had a Lego party today, and they each requested their own cake.  My 4 year old wanted a "Lego Brick" cake, and my 6 year old wanted a "Lego Ninjago" cake.  I have never taken a cake decorating course, so I like cakes that are easy to make.


The designs are pretty simple, but I think they turned out cute, don't you?

Here is how I made the Lego Ninjago Cake:


1)  I made a double layer round cake.
2)  I frosted the cake with red icing, and made sure it wasn't too smooth so it looked like cloth wrapped around his head.
3)  I used a piping bag to show the yellow face showing through, and I added some black "ninja" eyes (with black gel icing).

Here is how I made the Lego Brick Cake:


1)  I made a rectangular cake in 9 X 13 cake pan.
2)  I frosted the cake with blue icing.
3)  I covered two Oreo cookies with blue icing and stuck them on the cake.  (I did this six times.)

I am not going to win any prizes with these Lego cakes, but the birthday boys were happy, and that is the most important thing.  :-)


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

9 comments:

  1. Those look awesome! Happy birthday to your boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! They had a great day... and they liked their cakes. :-)

      Delete
  2. These look awesome! How did you make the icing? The texture of it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Duncan Hines Buttercream Icing and Wilton Food Gel Food Coloring. It is the only icing my oldest will eat, and it is the best icing for when you are very busy planning a party. {wink!}

      Delete
  3. Cute cakes and great idea for a lego cake!!!
    Stopping by from "Sharing Saturday".
    Now following you on Bloglovin, Facebook and Twitter.
    Have a great weekend :)
    Bismah @
    Simple Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! and easy too : Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the Lego brick cake! I used this at my son's party a couple of weeks ago. So easy and everyone thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Easy and cute... a perfect combination! I hope your little guy had a great birthday!

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....