My boys are super-excited about Halloween, and are constantly asking me, "How many more days until we can go trick or treating?" So, today my four year old and I made an adorable Paper Chain Halloween Countdown.
Isn't it cute? We started by making a super cute handprint spider.
1) I painted my son's fingers and palm with black (washable) paint.
2) I pressed his hand onto a paper plate.
3) I painted his other hand, and pressed it onto the plate... with overlapping palm prints.
4) I let it dry, and then my little guy added two googly eyes.
Then, we added a paper chain.
1) I divided sheets of construction paper into 1 1/2 inch strips, and my four year old cut them out.
2) We linked the first strip around a slit in the paper plate, looped it around, and stapled the ends. Then, we added all the links and secured them with staples.
3) We finished by adding a ribbon hanger to the top of the paper plate.
Didn't it turn out cute? How are you counting down to the big day?
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)