Harry Potter Party Signage

Today I am sharing another fun element from my son's Harry Potter birthday party.  I absolutely loved the Harry Potter party signage I created (and it was all easy and inexpensive to put together).


The 9 3/4 Platform sign (and brick wall) that greeted guests as they arrived at the party was my absolute favorite.


For the 9 3/4 platform sign, I started with a piece of foamcore from the dollar store, I covered it with a piece of red bristol board, and I secured it around the edges with red duct tape. Then, I printed the number and letters on my computer, cut them out, and attached them to the sign.  (I finished the sign with a plastic chain I purchased at Halloween... but a piece of twine or ribbon would work too.)


To make the brick wall, I started with a white paper tablecloth (backed with plastic) from the dollar store.  Then, I dipped a sponge in red paint, and pressed it onto the tablecloth to make a "brick".  I repeated this process until the entire tablecloth was covered.


I also had signs for the different "shops" from Harry Potter.  I had one for Flourish & Blotts, one for Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, and one for Ollivander's.  I printed them on my computer, and framed them in inexpensive red frames (from the dollar store).




Finally, I made a bright and cheerful sign for Honeydukes Sweet Shop.  I started with a piece of foam core from the dollar store, and I trimmed the edges with duct tape.  Then, I printed the letters on my computer, cut them out, and attached them to the sign.


I thought these signs were a lot of fun and really helped the guests feel like they were transported to the world of Harry Potter.  I loved them all, but the Platform 9 3/4 signage was definitely my favorite.  What do you think?


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Gina my kid sister is a harry potter fan she in her 20s now but for her 11th birthday i wanted to make it a speciaal one i did up the acceptiance letter in a card along with the grifyndor crest and a hogworts handbook for the school i gave her the costume for halloween as well her friends actually thought she was accepted to hogwarts for real, my sis is still a potter fan even in her 20s and im sure she bound to raise a few potter fans of her own someday. love this post will pass you link onto her for sure. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great story! She is lucky to have such a thoughtful sister. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...