No-Sew Doctor Lab Coat

My boys love to engage in pretend play, and recently they decided to set up a teddy bear clinic in our living room.  We needed a quick doctor lab coat costume, so I came up with this simple no-sew version.


Isn't it cute?  I started with an inexpensive (adult) white t-shirt.


Then, I used a sharpie to draw a red cross onto the t-shirt.


Finally, I used sharp fabric scissors to cut straight up the middle of the shirt.


My boys had a great time playing "doctor" with all of their stuffed animals.  Such a great way to spend an afternoon, don't you think?  Would your little ones love this "no-sew" doctor lab coat?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

15 comments:

  1. Ha! So simple and clever!

    Totally going to do this. My toddler is always playing "doctor".

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it fray or fall apart easily? I am thinking of making these for my daughter's birthday party and don't want them falling apart right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it fray or fall apart easily? I am thinking of making these for my daughter's birthday party and don't want them falling apart right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may depend on the t-shirt, but mine is still fine, and I've had it for a couple of years.

      Delete
  4. Thank you!I will definitely be making these then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!I will definitely be making these then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure Genius! My son wanted to dress up as a doctor for his career day at school. You just saved me time and money from going out and buying a doctor costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I always consider it a huge "win" when I save time and money. ;-)

      Delete
  7. I will definitely make it for my preschoolers. We are learning about healthcare professionals. It will be a great prop to add to my dramatic play. Thanks for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to do this for a dress up day at my daughters school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God you totally saved my little girl's career day she wants to be a doctor SO bad. So thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing idea. Love it. Saved me 😊

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....