Happy Birthday Baby Boy! {birthday letter to my 5 year old}

Today, my "baby boy" turns five, and in keeping with family tradition, I wrote him a birthday letter as a way of remembering a few of the little details that make him so special.  Here is my birthday letter to my youngest son on his 5th birthday.


To my darling baby boy,

Today you turn five, in less than two months, you will be starting "big" school.  I am so happy that we have had so much time together before this big step in your life.  I will always treasure our lunches, walks, crafting sessions, and snuggles on the couch reading stories.  I am slightly sad to see you getting older and more independent, but I am so proud of the sweet little boy you have become.  Here are a few of the things that make you so special:
  • You love to snuggle on the couch (with "big blanket") and read stories.
  • When you grow up, you want to be an "X-Men" hockey player, and you want to be #11 (like your older brother).
  • You are super-funny, and you always like to make Daddy and I (and your brothers) laugh.
  • Your favorite color is green, and you always want to eat your cereal out of a green bowl.
  • Your favorite show is Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and you chose it as the theme of your birthday party this year.
  • You love music, and I often catch you singing when you don't think anyone is listening.
  • You had a great time in Florida this year, and you often talk about the fun we had at Disney.  (You were a pro at Jedi Training Camp!)
  • You love playing hockey, soccer and baseball... and you are so happy that it is finally "your turn" to have your own teams and jerseys... instead of being dragged around to all your brothers' practices.
  • You stick your tongue out when you are concentrating.
  • You are shy with people you don't know, but you really come out of your shell around family and friends... and when you get on a stage.
  • You always ask me to sing you a "soft song" when you go to bed, and your favorite is "Mum-a-bye" (aka "Hush Little Baby").  I love that you still play with my hair as I sing.
I love you all the way to the moon and back... plus a little more each year.

Love,

Mommy xoxo

PS (I apologize in advance for the fact that I am going to cry like a baby on your first day of school.  I hope I don't embarrass you too badly.)

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree here with this article! Tons of great ideas out there for a bday boy! Even a toy laptop! http://firstbabylaptop.com/

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....