Eyeball Cake

I wanted to make my boys a fun Halloween cake.  So today, I baked my own version of one I saw at The Joy of Boys (which you can find here).  I think my boys are going to love this simple eyeball cake, don't you?


To make the eyeball cake:

1)  I started with a cake mix that I prepared according the directions on the box.  Then, I bake the cake for 70 minutes (at 350 degrees) in a greased, oven-safe glass mixing bowl.  (I would check it after 45 minutes, and then increase the cooking time by increments of 10 minutes until a wooden skewer comes out clean.)

2)  I let the cake cool, and then I frosted it with pre-made white icing.

3)  I added a little blue food coloring to some of the white icing, and used it to make the colored part of the eyeball.

4)  I used a tube of black decorating gel to make the pupil of the eyeball.

5)  I finished by adding some "veins and blood" with red decorating gel.
Didn't it turn out cute?  It was easy to make, and I think it is a perfect Halloween dessert for my three little boys.  Do you have a little one that would enjoy this adorable eyeball cake?

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....