To make this delightful Easter treat, I used the recipe on the inside of the Rice Krispie's box:
1/4 cup butter
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (I used the colourful "spring" edition.)
1) Grease a large rimmed baking sheet. (I used waxed paper and a little bit of butter.)
2) Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the marshmallows are melted and the butter/marshmallows are well blended.
3) Stir in the vanilla, add cereal, and stir until the cereal is well coated.
4) Press the mixture into an even layer in the greased cookie sheet. (I used a sheet of wax paper to make this process a little easier.)
5) Chill in the fridge until set, and then use Easter cookie cutters to create fun-shaped Easter treats.
Cute, right? And they are delicious too!
Baking with children is a wonderful way to spend time together during the holidays. I hope you and your little ones enjoy these Easter Rice Krispie Treats as much as my kids did!
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)