Canada 150 Photo Booth

What's a party without fun photos to document the occasion? With Canada Day around the corner, and #Canada150 celebrations in full swing, I thought it would be fun to put together an easy and inexpensive photo prop for my boys. I used dollar store supplies and a little imagination, and it turned out wonderfully. Today, I am sharing a tutorial for my Canada 150 photo booth, and a few more fabulous ideas (from a great group of East Coast Bloggers) that you are going to love!



To make the booth, you'll need: a piece of dollar store foam core, a red Sharpie, red duct tape, and an x-acto knife. 

1) Draw a maple leaf on the foam core.
2) Make two red stripes with duct tape.
3) Cut the maple leaf out with an x-acto knife.


That's it! It's such a simple idea, but it is so much fun, and a perfect way to document the birthday of our nation.



Happy Canada Day!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

Need more simple and fun ways to celebrate? Check out these #Canada150 ideas from a wonderful group of East Coast Bloggers:


9 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Smart to use red duct tape, too -- I never think of duct tape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always craft with duct tape. You can get it at the dollar store, it comes in great colours and designs, and it makes these sturdy.

      Delete
  2. I squeal a little bit inside every time I see a clever selfie frame! Great idea. This looks like it was quick and easy to do too - perfect. Happy Canada Days, Gina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! And you can look back on these photos and remember what you were doing way back on Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius! I am totally going to use this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I think it'd be an awesome teacher/school idea, too. So maybe for the year end BBQs/picnics/fairs, they could have a booth OR some teachers are kind enough to have a beginning of the school year photo and end of the year photo sent home. How cool would it be to have a memory of Canada's sesquicentennial come home with your kiddos on Grading Day? So fun!

    Great post! I love your Dollar Store ideas! Frugal and fun!

    Sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you.. Please leave me your comments below... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...