Canada Day Photo Booth (using dollar store supplies)

What's a party without fun photos to document the occasion? With Canada Day around the corner, I thought it would be fun to put together an easy and inexpensive photo prop for my boys. I used dollar store supplies and a little imagination, and it turned out wonderfully. Today, I am sharing a tutorial for my Canada Day photo booth that you are going to love!



To make the booth, you'll need: a piece of dollar store foam core, a red Sharpie, red duct tape, and an x-acto knife. 

1) Draw a maple leaf on the foam core.
2) Make two red stripes with duct tape.
3) Cut the maple leaf out with an x-acto knife.


That's it! It's such a simple idea, but it is so much fun, and a perfect way to document the birthday of our nation.



Isn't this a fantastic idea for celebrating on July 1st? Happy Canada Day!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


You can find more easy and inexpensive Canada Day ideas here.


16 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Smart to use red duct tape, too -- I never think of duct tape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always craft with duct tape. You can get it at the dollar store, it comes in great colours and designs, and it makes these sturdy.

      Delete
  2. I squeal a little bit inside every time I see a clever selfie frame! Great idea. This looks like it was quick and easy to do too - perfect. Happy Canada Days, Gina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! And you can look back on these photos and remember what you were doing way back on Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius! I am totally going to use this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I think it'd be an awesome teacher/school idea, too. So maybe for the year end BBQs/picnics/fairs, they could have a booth OR some teachers are kind enough to have a beginning of the school year photo and end of the year photo sent home. How cool would it be to have a memory of Canada's sesquicentennial come home with your kiddos on Grading Day? So fun!

    Great post! I love your Dollar Store ideas! Frugal and fun!

    Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is really helpful for my database. It enhanced the area of my thoughts and pushed me beyond the boundaries. Work ethic of every point is different and represent a new way to improve myself.
    Photobooth hire

    ReplyDelete
  7. This July 1st marks 151th Canada day. It is an occasion when one hundred and fifty-one years ago Canada got freedom from British Empire, earlier it was a colony of Britain. It is celebrated with great zeal and passion every year. In 1867, July the first, Canada became a federation of four colonies, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, and it became a self-governing Dominion of Great Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally fully agree with your opinion. Hope to read more on this topic to increase my knowledge in this field.
    Photo Booth Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Allyseek is a global matrimony website intended to help you find your life partner. The matrimonial platform connects people from different nationalities and races from anywhere in the world. Trusted by millions of Brides & Grooms globally. Register FREE!.
    Visit: Bahrain matrimony

    ReplyDelete
  11. I squeal a little bit inside every time I see a clever selfie frame! Great idea. This looks like it was quick and easy to do too - perfect.Greetings Photo Booth

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....