Back to School {Banner and Lunch Idea}

It is almost time to head back to school, so today I am sharing two fun ideas with you:  a {simple} back-to-school book-page banner and a {super-easy} lunch idea.  

Let's start with the banner. 


To make the banner:

1) Draw {or print out} five apple pictures.
2) Have the kids color the pictures.
3) Trim 5 pages out of an old book, and cut a triangle shape from the bottom of each page.
4) Cut out the apples and attach to the book pages using double sided tape.
5) Hole punch the top of each page.  Then, string all the pages together using a piece of twine.



Cute, right?  Now, are you ready for the easiest lunch idea ever?  Last year, I shared my "go to" lunch idea, and I got a lot of great feedback.  So, I thought I would share another {even easier} lunch idea this year.


My boys aren't big on sandwiches -- except for peanut butter {which they aren't allowed to take to their "nut free" school}.  So, some days I give them a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast and cereal for lunch.  I put the cereal in a thermos, and they pour the milk in at lunch time.  I add some sugar-free applesauce, fruit, cheese, and homemade graham crackers for a treat .  

What are some of your favorite "go to" lunches?  With a new school year starting, I can use all the help I can get!
      
♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* You can find me on facebook here.

11 comments:

  1. lovely idea i like the spoon #lmdconnector

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of our favourite lunches:
    - salami & cheese roll-ups (spread onto wraps, roll up, cut in half, wrap in plastic). Could use hummus & cucumber, jam & cream cheese...
    - cold pizza
    - quesadillas - while kids eat breakfast, throw a tortilla in a frying pan with veggies, cooked chicken & cheese, and another tortilla on top. Fry until cheese melts, cut into wedges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas, Sarah! Unfortunately, my boys don't like deli meats... which makes sandwiches pretty difficult. I might try jam and cream cheese. I hadn't thought of that one. Thanks! :-)

      Delete
  3. I really like the breakfast for lunch idea! I had a few kids do that when I taught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great idea. My daughter often eats cereal for lunch, here at home. Now I know that I can send some with her, to school no problem :o) #LMDConnector

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea!!! My son starts school this year and I've been stumped for lunches. He will love having cheerios at lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun!!
    lynn-neveradullmoment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I send granola with yogurt, topped with fresh fruit. My son loves it. Sometimes I have to fill two thermoses... thermosi? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My youngest one doesnt eat sandwich meat and our school is also nut free. I make my boys cheese quesodillas, Chicken nuggets I wrap them in tin foil and the boys tell me it stays warm til lunch. I also get low carb tortilla shells and put cheese and pepperoni's and make a quesodilla or a roll up with the pepperoni and cheese. I also make homemade lunchables with crackers,cheese and pepperoni. I also put mac and cheese in a thermos. He is usually very picky so its hard to find things he can eat and He just got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes which has made eating that much harder

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....